Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When the Halloween candy runs out...


We have donated it, forced it upon our neighbors, and gorged ourselves with Halloween candy and now it almost gone and I am relieved. Some take the "moderation" approach to Halloween candy, restricting themselves to only a few pieces a day and making it last until Easter. I was somewhat envious of these types when I was a child. But I just didn't understand how they could let there candy just sit there, so pretty in their buckets and bags, unwrapped and uneaten. It is a shame, actually. Candy, in my mind, is not given to us to just look at. And now as a mom, moderation is still not my strongest trait. I allow the boys (and myself) full access to that candy until it is gone and it is usually gone in less than a week. Yes, I do gain a couple pounds the week after Halloween but it is only the start to a really fun holiday season filled with baking and eating and eating and baking! There is always New Year's resolutions...right? But that is still one birthday and two holidays away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment